This simple method can help you lose asleep quickly
Lying down and being restless in bed is annoying. That is why we are always looking for new ways to reach Dreamland as promptly as possible. Soldiers use this trick to fall asleep in two minutes.
This trick has been known to the US military for years and is effective for 96% of soldiers. It is, therefore, worth a try, although it may take some time to master.
The first part of this method is to do a body scan. You will relax all the muscles in your body one by one.
- Start by relaxing the muscles in your face: your forehead, eye area, jaw, and tongue. Then relax your shoulders and let the muscles relax.
- Focus on your right arm, relax the muscles of the upper arm, lower arm and hand. Repeat with your left arm.
- Take a deep breath and let your chest relax.
- Now relax the muscles in both of your legs. Go from top to bottom; rest your thighs first, then your knees, your shins, and finally your feet.
Now that all of your muscles are relaxed, it’s time to put on a show, or rather, a visualization. Close your eyes and imagine one of the following situations. Choose the one that seems most evident to you:
- You are lying in a black hammock in a black room.
- You are lying on your back in a canoe, floating on the water. The water is calm, and the sky above you is a brilliant blue. There is not a cloud to see.
- For ten seconds, repeat in your head the words “don’t think, don’t think, don’t think”.
If that doesn’t work right away, don’t give up. It can take up to six weeks to master this trick, which gets easier and more accessible. So keep going! You can also experiment with other calming visualizations. Imagine you are in a green meadow on a sunny day or on a quiet beach where the waves gently meet the land. Good night!